Household Food Security in the United States, 2000
Mark Nord, Nader Kabbani, Laura Tiehen, Margaret Andrews, Gary Bickel, and Steven Carlson
Food Assistance and Nutrition Research Report No. ((FANRR)21) 44 pp,
The latest in a series of annual statistical reports on the prevalence of food security, food insecurity, and hunger in U.S. households, based on the September 2000 Current Population Survey Food Security Supplement. This year's report, in addition to statistics on food security, includes information on how much U.S. households spent on food and the extent to which food-insecure households participated in Federal and community food assistance programs.
Keywords: Food security, food insecurity, hunger, hungry, food assistance, food spending, food pantry, soup kitchen, emergency kitchen, well-being, Food Stamp Program, National School Lunch Program, WIC, FSS,
In this report ...
in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.
- Abstract, Contents, Summary, 14 kb
- Introduction, 8 kb
- Section 1. Household Food Security, 52 kb
- Section 2. Household Spending on Food, 27 kb
- Section 3. Use of Federal and Community
Food Assistance Programs, 39 kb
- Appendix A: Household Responses to Questions
in the Food Security Scale, 14 kb
- Appendix B: Background on the U.S. Food Security
Measurement Project, 16 kb
- Appendix C: USDA’s Thrifty Food Plan, 12 kb
- References, 15 kb
Updated date: March 1, 2002