U.S.-EU Food and Agriculture Comparisons|
By Mary Anne Normile and Susan E. Leetmaa, Coordinators
Agriculture and Trade Report No. (WRS04-04) 97 pp,
This report provides information and analysis on a wide range of topics relating to agriculture in the United States and European Union (EU), including comparisons of farm structure, production, agricultural productivity, risk management, environmental, commodity policy, trade, and food consumption, as well as implications of EU enlargement for bilateral relations. The purpose is to provide information to a broad audience seeking to understand key similarities and differences between two of the world's largest agricultural producers and traders and to gain perspective on the issues affecting US-EU relations.
Keywords: Agriculture, European Union, EU, United States, Eastern Europe, farm structure, agricultural trade, agricultural policy, Common Agricultural Policy, commodity policy, environmental policy, food consumption, agricultural productivity, ERS, USDA
In this report ...
in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.
- Abstract, Acknowledgments, and Contents, 18 kb.
- Summary and Map, 213 kb.
- The United States and the European UnionStatistical Overview, 85 kb.
- U.S. and EU Farm PolicyHow Similar?, 71 kb.
- Risk Management Tools in Europe: Agricultural Insurance, Futures, and Options, 31 kb.
- A Comparison of U.S. and EU Agricultural Productivity With
Implications for EU Enlargement, 80 kb.
- U.S. and EU Consumption Comparisons, 76 kb.
- Agriculture and the Environment In the United States and EU, 60 kb.
- EU Enlargement: Implications for U.S.-EU Agricultural Relations, 44 kb.
- Appendix, 29 kb.
Order this report (stock #ERSWRS04-04)
web administration: firstname.lastname@example.org
page updated: April 28, 2005