Profile of Hired Farmworkers, 1996 Annual Averages
Jack L. Runyan
Agricultural Economics Report No. (AER762) 32 pp,
Examines demographic and employment characteristics of the 906,000 persons 15 years of age and older who did hired farmwork in 1996. Approximately 906,000 persons 15 years of age and older were employed as hired farmworkers each week in 1996. An additional 72,000 persons were hired as farmworkers each week as a secondary job. Hired farmworkers were more likely than all U.S. wage and salary workers to be male, Hispanic, younger, less educated, never married, and non-U.S. citizens.
Keywords: hired farmworkers, annual averages, demographic characteristics, hours worked, median weekly hours
In this report ...
in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.
- Frontmatter, 17 Kb
- Introduction, 12 Kb
- Demographic Characteristics of 1996 Hired Farmworkers, 33 Kb
- Part- and Full-Time Workers, 12 Kb
- Geographic Distribution of Hired Farmworkers,11 Kb
- Distribution of Hired Farmworkers by Establishment, 11 Kb
- Earnings Characteristics of Hired Farmworkers in 1996, 14 Kb
- Appendix Tables, 17 Kb
- References, 7 Kb
- Glossary, 9 Kb
- Entire Report, 99 Kb
Order this report (stock #ERSAER762)
Updated date: April 1, 1998