Rural Development Perspectives, Vol. 13, No. 1 Great Plains issue
Douglas E. Bowers
Rural Development Research Report No. (RDP-Vol. 13, No. 1)
About this magazine
Nontechnical articles on the results of new rural research and what those results mean. Shows the practical application of research in rural banking, aging, housing, the nonmetro labor force, poverty, and the effect of farm policies on rural areas. Contact: dbowers@ERS.USDA.gov.
In this report ...
Articles are in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.
- Contents and Editor's Notebook, 19 kb
- Sustaining the Great Plains, 1,054 kb
- Agriculture and New Agricultural Policies in the Great Plains, 146 kb
- Population Change in the Great Plains: A History of Prolonged Decline, 277 kb
- Net Migration in the Great Plains Increasingly Linked to Natural Amenities and Suburbanization, 305 kb
- Can Manufacturing Reverse Rural Great Plains Depopulation?, 44 kb
- Retail/Wholesale Trade Employment Directly Related to Population Change in the Nonmetro Great Plains, 24 kb
- Which Federal Programs Are Most Important for the Great Plains?, 410 kb
- Indicators: What Do Nonemployers Contribute to Retail and Service Opportunities in the Great Plains?, 43 kb
- Entire Issue, 2,257 kb
Order this report (stock #RDP-Vol. 13, No. 1)
Updated date: May 1998