This archive provides ongoing access to the websites of Olympic committees for nations that competed in the 2010 Vancouver Olympic Games. Snapshots were taken of Olympic committee websites before and throughout the games, with more frequent captures of nations with many athletes competing. Note that we were not able to archive sites for every participating nation; in several cases Olympic committee sites were unavailable for capture. The CTV and NBC websites devoted to the games are also included here.
This archive was created as part of an effort by the International Internet Preservation Consortium (IIPC) to begin experimenting with cross-archival search strategies, using the Olympics as a common theme. Along with several national libraries, the California Digital Library is providing content related to the Olympics to serve as a basis for international cross-archival searching. Information about that project and links to search tools will be provided here as the work progresses.
The banner images were all retrieved from Creative Commons licensed materials on Flickr. All use the license allowing non-commercial reuse, with attribution. The photographers (or owners) and images are:
* Iwona Erskine-Kellie - http://www.flickr.com/photos/iwona_kellie/4393334061/
* S. Yume - http://www.flickr.com/photos/syume/4271693011/
* Van Felt - http://www.flickr.com/photos/14171139@N08/4358882640/
* Megan Mallen - http://www.flickr.com/photos/megs_pics/4383830992/
* Megan Mallen - http://www.flickr.com/photos/megs_pics/4349681618/
* Queen Yu-Na - http://www.flickr.com/photos/52789087@N05/4868520421/
* Duncan Rawlinson - http://www.flickr.com/photos/thelastminute/4398377176/
* Zemistor - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zemistor/4394869816/
Archived copies of web sites are made available six months after the date of capture. This delay is in observance of the Section 108 Study Group Recommendations for Web Archiving.
This archive was created with the Web Archiving Service from the California Digital Library. This service employs open source web archiving utilities developed by Internet Archive with the support of the The International Internet Preservation Consortium. The Web Archiving Service was made possible with support from the National Digital Information and Infrastructure Preservation Program and the University of California.